Reading


I spent half of yesterday afternoon in various bookshops looking for guidance! Because Harding's The Solitude of Thomas Cave, Gerard Donovan's Julius Winsome and Per Petterson's Out Stealing Horses impressed me so much, as well as speaking to my need and dream of solitude and a simpler life, I finally found this: The Burnt-out Town of Miracles, by Roy Jacobsen. I have never heard of Jacobsen before but he is apparently one of Norway's 'most celebrated writers'. The one line quote on the front of the hardback cover simply delcares it to be 'A gorgeous and moving piece of writing'. I will post a review as soon as I'm through.



I also bought two new books by Marxist psychoanalyst Erich Fromm, Man for Himself, and Chains of Illusion.

Popular posts from this blog

Who was Mary Burns?

An Enemy of the People - Chichester Festival Theatre

Five Finger Exercise - The Print Room, Notting Hill