Needing to attach disorder to everything disorder

As a result of not being able to truly connect with what I'm supposed to be currently working on I've been trying to focus on research instead. I just came across this, which I find shocking. I'm not sure if this medicalisation of everything is as a result of universities putting their staff under undue pressure to get ratings up, the researchers need to have a 'theory' attributed to them, or just plain weirdness. I mean, oppositional defiant disorder?? It's like something out of Orwell's 1984! Whatever happened to just letting kids have a few tantrums? Or at least just asking them what's wrong? A symptom of this 'disorder' is the refusal to comply with adult requests! What about when the adults are idiots? ODD by acronym, odd by nature.

Popular posts from this blog

Who was Mary Burns?

An Enemy of the People - Chichester Festival Theatre

Five Finger Exercise - The Print Room, Notting Hill