Just back and just read...

What a week! It was, most of the time, very relaxing and very productive. I've nowhere finished on my work-in-progress, now called Running Home, but I did get quite a bit done so I'm not complaining. It helped being in the region of one of the book's main settings. If you haven't been to the Ribble Valley I would definitely recommend a visit, although not go out as far as I did. A bit too remote. I had no mobile phone reception for the entire week and the nearest shop was eight miles away. But the quiet worked wonders and just being able to hear nature made me think so much about how disconnected I am in the city. As soon as I got to the train station this morning and my phone came back to life telling me I had messages I felt my stress levels rise!

I was also able to get a bit of reading done and read Siri Hustvedt's What I Loved - a remarkable novel which I'm still thinking about and will no doubt write a bit more on in a later post. I also started on Flannery O'Connor's Wise Blood as well as William Trevor's short stories After the Rain.

Popular posts from this blog

Who was Mary Burns?

An Enemy of the People - Chichester Festival Theatre

Five Finger Exercise - The Print Room, Notting Hill