Reading...

I'm reading Charlotte Bronte's Shirley, which apparently popularised the name for girls as, before giving it to a female character Shirley was solely a male name! Shirley not! I've also had a great idea for a new novel - I think. It's been brewing for quite some time and then someone recently re-emerged and in doing so has unwittingly provided the missing piece of the metaphorical jigsaw, and so it could well now have wings. We'll see. I have so many other things to do, but whenever a story fans itself out it begs to at least be noted, and from there to be outlined, and from there written and re-written. Or just written until there's a natural end. I'm not yet at the stage where I can say 'this is my writing process'. Some plan obsessively before putting pen to paper, some just begin to type and see where it takes them. Onwards...

Popular posts from this blog

Who was Mary Burns?

An Enemy of the People - Chichester Festival Theatre

Five Finger Exercise - The Print Room, Notting Hill