Paris, van Gogh and Great Depression = Great Art

It's been a strange week all in all, very little writing done from Tuesday onwards because on Wednesday morning I went off to Paris for a few days work at a creative workshop. It was not without its challenges, but it was interesting. And it's always, nearly, good to have a change of scenery. Once the work was out of the way I headed off to the Musee d'Orsay for an injection of art - van Gogh, Gaugin, Manet, Pissaro, etc... a few pieces sent shivers up and down my spine, and I hadn't been expecting to see furniture! But van Gogh and Gaugin were the Musee's focus. Talking of van Gogh, there's a new exhibition coming up at the Royal Academy here in London next Saturday, The Artist and his Letters, which I shall have to visit. van Gogh aside there is also a good article in this week's TLS on culture and the 'great' depression, by John Gross. That's it for today - thus far I'm c.67,000 words into my novel-in-progress, so it's going well, although there's still a long way to go on tidying up the structure and I've still got to cover a very important part of Mary Burns' life in Brussels, so I must get on with it!

Popular posts from this blog

Who was Mary Burns?

An Enemy of the People - Chichester Festival Theatre

Five Finger Exercise - The Print Room, Notting Hill