Poetry

I was meant to spend the day in the library but managed only two hours - not counting stopping for sandwich and coffee(s). Despite taking ginkgo and ginseng, which I'm told improves concentration, I have little focus on the PhD stuff right now. So I left the library, telling myself I need to work from home in order that I may ruminate aloud - i.e. talk to myself; maybe even gee myself along! No sooner had I left the library I was mooching around in Waterstone's. I bought The Forward Book of poetry 2011. As soon as I got home I read a couple of Heaney's, which I knew from The Human Chain. I also read some of Lachlan Mackinnon, which were real gems. I then felt moved enough to write one of my own, which I have tentatively titled 'Reciprocation'.



Popular posts from this blog

Who was Mary Burns?

An Enemy of the People - Chichester Festival Theatre

Five Finger Exercise - The Print Room, Notting Hill