Digging my way back into the WIP

Still struggling to get to grips with the novel-in-progress. Trusted criticism of it so far is that the framing alter-ego skulks in the margins. That had been the intention, but whilst there can be a purpose to that, it doesn't mean it should stay. I want both characters to be as 'alive' as possible without veering too far away from the very purpose she was included. The purpose of the form and how the contemporary is 'deader' politically than the 19th century counterpart. How to compromise? Do writers compromise? Should they? One thing is certain - it needs more work, and I need to roll up my sleeves and dig my way back into it. And soon.




Location:Kew

Popular posts from this blog

Who was Mary Burns?

An Enemy of the People - Chichester Festival Theatre

Five Finger Exercise - The Print Room, Notting Hill