Reading...

I haven't quite finished Dermot Healy's A Goat's Song. I'm not even a third of the way into Lionel Shriver's So Much for That - the problem with the latter, thus far, is that it contains soooo much information on the US healthcare system; I've decided it is the one reason I could never live over there. It's shockingly profiteering and conniving and terribly difficult to work out with reams of forms having to be completed by sick people. However, I went into my local bookshop, Kew Books, today - they are so good - and I was recommended Jon McGregor's 'Even the Dogs', about a group of addicts in Nottingham. So I'm starting on that. I've also ordered Aifric Campbell's The Loss Adjustor. Tomorow I'm off to Richmond Theatre to watch a friend act in Agatha Christie's 'The Verdict'. More anon. I shall also have to find something to do, somewhere to be on Friday. Half of the street I live in has come together in an act of mass hysteria regarinding a certain wedding. The bunting is already up. I'm thinking of ordering a load of sick bags and sticking around to hand them out, probably because it reminds me too much of 1981.


Popular posts from this blog

Who was Mary Burns?

Booker Shortlist announced

An Enemy of the People - Chichester Festival Theatre