Running Home and Mary & Ula

So, instead of them living in the dark (well, Dropbox and my hallway cupboard), I've decided to upload two works to the Amazon Kindle platform. Mary & Ula - A Tale of Two Women is here and Running Home here.

Mary & Ula was the creative element of my PhD a couple of years ago. It is a split narrative tale of the rhyming lives of Ula Tulla - who has retuned to present day Manchester as her Dad is seriously ill, and Mary Burns in Victorian Manchester, whom Ula is attempting to write about whilst there. Despite being over 150 years apart, they share particular issues - as well as geographic places. Mary Burns was the long term partner of Friedrich Engels and they lived together in Ardwick, Moss Side, Hulme, and on Hyde Road. Very little is known about Mary, hence the reason why Ula struggles somewhat to write about her. Instead we get fragments.

Running Home is a poetry collection that I wrote a few years ago. It deals with sadness, humour, darkness, grief - and particular ghosts of a troubled family.

If you buy either or both free to let me know what you think.

I'm also on twitter @belindawebb

More again soon. I'm writing. And working.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Mortlake

Popular posts from this blog

Who was Mary Burns?

An Enemy of the People - Chichester Festival Theatre

Five Finger Exercise - The Print Room, Notting Hill